I found a man on you tube buy a new camera after his d40x ended up at 82,429 shutter count, he doesn’t replace the shutter and just go straight for the new camera which is have same shutter durability same as d40x.
To check your camera shutter count go HERE
Olympus camera shutter actuations information can be retrieved with a secret menu build in. To access this menuand view your olympus camera shutter count you must do this following instruction carefully.
- Power up your camera and turn it on
- Make sure your memory card door is open
- At the same moment press “PLAY” +”OK” together at once
- Press up, down, left and then right
- Press the shutter release button
- Press menu navigation buttons menu nav buttion AF (Right) again